We two fun moms got together last weekend for a delightful, 24-hour blog retreat. While there, we made several very important decisions, and we figure it is important to share these blog decisions with you, our blog readers.
1) Calling it a “Blog Retreat” sounds so much better than calling it a “night in a hotel, drinking wine, sitting in a hot tub, eating take-out, and laughing.” Doesn’t “Blog Retreat” imply importance? We thought so, too.
2) Leaving our children home with our husbands is easier than leaving them with a babysitter and going out with our husbands. There is just so much less prep work and worry! So, big shout out to our awesome husbands! And to the single parents out there who don’t have that option but who keep on keepin’ on anyway. You’re awesome.
3) Blogging together is going well, and we are both having lots of fun with it.
4) This was the actual big decision: we are going to pursue an opportunity we have to place advertising on the site. Getting some income for this hobby of ours would be awesome, even though it will only be a tiny bit of income. The reasons we are pleased with this particular option include:
– Payment happens “per pageview” and not “per click.” This means that our readers can continue to enjoy our writing and not feel obligated to click on the ads. Just going to our site at all helps! Especially if you make sure to visit the site from every public computer you encounter!
– We will not have to compromise our writing itself through sponsored posts. We are not at all opposed to using the blog to get free opportunities and experiences, but we would hate for that to be what it’s about too much of the time. So our content will remain the same, but we will now get an amusingly small cheque every month! Or if we go viral, an excitingly LARGE one!
5) We don’t care what anyone says, selfies are really fun. Check them out:
Obviously we’re already counting down until treat yo’ self 2015. We hope the money we make from ads on the blog will at least pay for breakfast.
* We’re sorry if you don’t understand this reference. It’s from Parks and Rec. We’re not all that sorry you missed out on the joke, but we’re certainly sorry you don’t watch that show, because it’s dang funny.