With four whole weeks left to go before school starts around here, I’m pretty much doing awesome this summer. Here’s my Top Ten list.
10. Sometimes my kids eat cereal for breakfast and lunch on the same day.
9. Instead of counting the number of hours that the television is on every day, I count the hours it’s OFF. Because that really seems like a LOT, no matter how much Toopy and Binoo we watch.
8. We learned last year that camping was a LOT of work with four kids, especially when two of them don’t sleep well in a room with other people, so we are doing a new thing this summer. Not camping.
7. I bought the hugest box of freezies available, early in the summer.
6. I regularly take my kids to my parents’ pool, even though I can’t convince my three year old to actually get in.
5. I implemented a brilliant plan to keep my big kids occupied, blogged about it, kept forgetting to do it, and then decided not to feel guilty about that and turned the TV back on again.
4. I hired a house cleaner to come for a few hours the day before my husband got home from his trip so it would look like I cleaned while he was gone.
3. I put my big kids in a soccer camp for a week. A soccer camp that was EIGHT HOURS A DAY.
2. I started potty training my three-year-old, and I was making definite progress. But the progress was too slow so we quit.
And finally …
1. I learned how to make perfect Iced Coffees (say, “Anton, can you please make me one of your awesome Iced Coffees?”) and frozen Margaritas (same method).